Remita is an e-payment platform that enables you to pay bills and send money with ease. In this article, i will teach you how to generate remita and also how to retrieve remita invoice/reciept.
Developed by FinTech company –
SystemSpecs, Remita has been become one of the most used online platform for transactions without limiting the number of users per billing agent.
As a company or individual, knowing how to generate Remita Retrieval reference would be of help to you because you will definitely have to use its service in the future.
Remita is a payment gateway brought by the Federal Government of Nigeria for its Treasury Single Account (TSA) policy. It is the official payment gateway for Federal government funds generated from tax and levies. It has made several industries like schools, hospitals, Government agencies, NGOs, religious organizations, corporate organizations and individuals make and receive payments with ease. It makes a large number of organizations process all their transaction in a single platform.
Remita is government approved and safe for transactions, it is secured with advanced security features and you can also gives you a detailed transaction report.
Remita is mostly used by people who wants to pay their bills, FIRS taxes, NYSC fees. If you are a student in Nigeria then you need to have a knowledge of how to use Remita to pay your bills.
Remita officially uses the following platform to perform its transactions:
- Remita official website (www.remita.net)
- Remita Mobile App
- Debit/Credit cards
- Point of sale terminals
- Mobile Wallet
- Standing order/direct debit
How To Generate Remita Retrieval Reference
Before you can use Remita or generate an invoice, you need to have an account with them. It’s fr
To create an account with Remita, follow the following procedures :
- Visit the Remita official website website
- After creating an account with Remita, you can now fund your transaction by generating a Remita Retrieval Reference using the steps below:
- Visit www.remita.net on your desktop or mobile device.
- Login to your account by inserting the email and password in which you used to create your account.
- After successfully loging in, you will see a search form at the top of the website.
- Enter the name of the company in which you want to make the payment to. I’d be using JAMB as the billing agent in this tutorial.
- Fill in all the necessary informations in the form.
After filling out the form you will be redirected to a page where your RRR (Remita Retrieval Reference) would be generated.
The RRR is a unique code, that connects your transaction from Remita website to your billing agent (the agency or organization you are paying to).
Payment Methods For Remita
After generating your invoice you will see different options to make your payment.
The various payments methods and how to use them are listed below:
- Card or wallet: You can make your payments via Remita using your ATM card online at the comfort of your home.
You can do this by clicking on any of your preferred card (MasterCard, Visa or Verve).
You can also make your payment using a Mobile Wallet such as Paga or PocketMoni.
This feature has save you from the stress of going to a bank branch or any financial organization to make your payments.
- Bank Branch: You can also make your payment by going to any bank branch with your RRR number or preferably the invoice you generated for that particular transaction. The Remita bank branch mode of payment isn’t limited to specific banks hence you can make your payment at any bank of your choice.
- Internet Banking: The internet banking is another feature which has made Remita standout. With this you can make your payment by just paying the money directly to the billing agency’s account via the ‘Remita Powered Transfer’. A list of banks that support internet banking on Remita will pop-up, click on your bank name and proceed to payment.
- USSD Code: This is another awesome method you can use to make your payment on Remita.
If you don’t have an ATM card then this feature will still save you from going to a bank branch to make your payment.
With the USSD feature, you can make your payment by just dialing a string of code. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Go to www.remita.net
- Click on ‘Pay an Invoice’.
- Enter the RRR number of your invoice and click ‘Continue’.
- A page containing some information of your transaction will be opened, click on ‘Submit’.
- A page will open telling you to choose your payment method, tap on the drop-down menu and select ‘USSD’.
- Choose your USSD Code provider which is your bank.
- A code will be automatically generated, this code contains your RRR number and your bank default mobile banking code. Copy the code and dial it on your mobile device.
How To Generate/Retrieve Lost Remita Invoice Or Receipt Manually
Another thing I love about Remita is this feature. With this, you can retrieve lost remita invoice or receipt directly to your email. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Visit Remita official website
- Click on ‘Resend Receipt or Invoice’.
- A page will open telling you to input your RRR number, insert the Remita Retrieval Reference you generated.
- After inserting your RRR, you would see two options select ‘Resend To Alternate Email’ and enter the Email address you would like your receipt or invoice to be sent to.
- Lastly, click on ‘Send Receipt’.
If you followed the above steps correctly, then expect your invoice or receipt in your inbox within few minutes.
If you are still confused on how to retrieve your lost Remita receipt or invoice, watch the video below for the visual representation of how to do it.
Remita Customer Care
It is a necessity for every financial organization to have a customer care support service and Remita did not fail its customer in this aspect. Remita customer service is top notch and they are always there to help when you have a challenge. You can get to Remita customer service by calling this line +234 1 636 7000, you can also get to them by sending an Email to email@example.com.
I believe with the above tutorial you can now generate Remita Retrieval Reference and also Retrieve lost remita invoice or receipt. Don’t forget to drop a comment below if you have any challenge.