We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Restaurant Manager to lead our culinary team and ensure the smooth and successful operation of our restaurant.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned professional with a passion for the culinary industry, exceptional leadership skills, and a commitment to delivering outstanding customer experiences.
If you have a proven track record in restaurant management, a flair for team leadership, and a keen understanding of hospitality, we invite you to apply for this key position in our organization.
- Location: York, ON
- Salary: 20.50 hourly / 40 to 60 hours per week
- Terms of employment Permanent employment: Full time Day, Evening, Weekend, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies 1
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
- Team Leadership:
- Recruit, train, and manage a diverse team of kitchen and front-of-house staff.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment, promoting teamwork and professional development.
- Operational Management:
- Oversee day-to-day restaurant operations, ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures to enhance efficiency.
- Customer Service Excellence:
- Set and maintain high standards for customer service to ensure exceptional dining experiences.
- Address customer concerns promptly and implement strategies to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Inventory and Cost Control:
- Manage inventory levels, monitor food and beverage costs, and implement cost-saving measures.
- Collaborate with chefs and suppliers to optimize inventory and minimize waste.
- Financial Management:
- Monitor financial performance, analyze sales data, and implement strategies to meet revenue targets.
- Create and manage budgets, controlling expenses while maintaining service quality.
- Marketing and Promotions:
- Collaborate with marketing teams to develop and implement promotional activities.
- Engage with social media and community events to enhance the restaurant’s visibility.
- Quality Control:
- Ensure the quality and consistency of food and beverage offerings.
- Conduct regular inspections and assessments to maintain high standards of cleanliness and presentation.
- Technology Utilization:
- Proficiently use point-of-sale systems, reservation platforms, and other restaurant management software.
- Stay updated on industry trends and technology to enhance operational efficiency.
- Staff Training and Development:
- Conduct ongoing training sessions for staff to enhance skills and maintain a high level of service.
- Provide coaching and support for career development within the team.
- Proven experience as a Restaurant Manager or in a similar leadership role within the hospitality industry.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Strong understanding of restaurant operations, including kitchen management, front-of-house procedures, and customer service.
- Proficient in using point-of-sale systems and restaurant management software.
- Demonstrated financial acumen and ability to manage budgets.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and compliance.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
1 to less than 7 months
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Job reference number
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of this Restaurant manager:
1. What does a Restaurant Manager do?
Restaurant managers are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a restaurant. This includes managing staff, ensuring quality customer service, handling financial aspects, and maintaining a positive dining atmosphere.
2. What skills are crucial for a successful Restaurant Manager?
Key skills include leadership, communication, problem-solving, time management, customer service, and a strong understanding of restaurant operations. Adaptability and a passion for the culinary industry are also essential.
3. How does a Restaurant Manager handle staffing and team management?
Managers are involved in recruiting, training, and supervising staff. They create work schedules, conduct performance reviews, and foster a positive team culture to ensure a harmonious and efficient working environment.
4. What strategies can a Restaurant Manager use to enhance customer satisfaction?
Restaurant managers focus on delivering exceptional customer experiences by ensuring prompt service, addressing customer concerns, and maintaining a welcoming ambiance. They may also implement loyalty programs and gather customer feedback.
5. How does a Restaurant Manager manage inventory and control costs?
Managers oversee inventory levels, monitor food and beverage costs, and implement cost-saving measures. They collaborate with chefs and suppliers to optimize inventory and minimize waste.
6. What challenges do Restaurant Managers face in their role?
Common challenges include managing diverse personalities, handling customer complaints, ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations, and adapting to changes in the industry. Effective problem-solving is crucial.
7. How does a Restaurant Manager contribute to marketing and promotions?
Managers collaborate with marketing teams to implement promotional activities and advertising campaigns. They may also engage with social media and community events to enhance the restaurant’s visibility.
8. What role does technology play in restaurant management?
Restaurant managers use point-of-sale systems, reservation platforms, and various management software to streamline operations, track sales, and analyze performance data. Technology enhances efficiency and customer service.
9. How can someone become a Restaurant Manager?
Individuals often start by gaining experience in the restaurant industry, progressing from entry-level positions. Formal education in hospitality management or a related field can also enhance career prospects.
10. What opportunities for career growth exist for Restaurant Managers?