What Are The Preservatives Of Chin Chin?
The above is a prevalent question amongst people who are into the business of baking chin chin and are looking for solutions on how to preserve chin chin for sale.
During the course of this article, we’d not only discuss the preservatives of chin chin as we would also discuss in details chin chin ingredients and measurement, ingredients for chin chin, the best flavor for chin chin, what makes chin chin soft, how much is a painter of chin chin, how to make groundnut chin chin, how to preserve chin chin dough overnight, how to preserve chin chin for sale and so many more.
What Is Chin Chin
Unarguably, anyone who hasn’t heard, seen, or eaten chin chin is living under the rocks.
Chin Chin is a common and sweet snack in every part of the world.
Chin Chin is a hard–fried snack that is either be baked or fried with a dough of wheat flour and baking ingredients and items.
There are many ingredients for baking chin chin and the ingredients used for baking a particular dough of chin chin is responsible for the taste of the chin chin and the taste is also dependent on whether the baker made use of the best flavours for chin chin during baking.
Chin Chin has a very large market in Nigeria and in all parts of the world.
A lot of people are earning a good living by simply baking and selling chin chin in wholesale retailers who then sell in smaller quantities to the final consumers.
Knowing how much is a painter of chin chin sold is a common question among these retailers who buy chin chin in bulk from these wholesalers or bakers so that they would be able to know the right amount to sell to the final consumers in order to make a profit.
In the later part of this article, we discussed elaboratively on the best chin chin ingredients and measurements and also what makes chin chin soft.
Chin Chin Ingredients And Measurements
Chin Chin Ingredients
As stated above, the ingredients used for baking chin chin are solely responsible for its taste.
It’s also pertinent for the baker to know the best chin chin ingredients and measurement that is rational to the quantity of the chin chin he or she intends to bake in order to bake a sweet chin chin.
Here are the major ingredients which a typical Nigeria Chin Chin is made;
On the other hand, knowing the best ingredients for chin chin is not enough as you also need to know the right measurements for the chin chin ingredients to use that would be proportional to the quantity of chin chin you intend to bake.
Below is the ideal measurement for a smaller quantity of chin chin, depending on the quantity you wish to bake.
- 500g all–purpose wheat flour
- 150g cup sugar
- 115g cold butter
- 2 eggs (egg white)
- 1|2 teaspoon baking powder
- 60cl oil for frying
- 150ml Liquid milk or 2 to dry milk
Note: You are at liberty to make adjustments to the measurements stated above depending on the quality of the chin chin you wish to achieve.
Step By Step Procedures On How To Bake Chin Chin
Baking chin chin is not as difficult as it seems.
All you need to do is to add the ingredients in the right proportion and thoroughly mix them until you achieve the desired result.
Now, here are the step-by-step procedures on how to bake crunchy chin chin.
- Thoroughly mix the dry ingredients; sift the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder in a clean stainless, plastic, or glass bowl.
- Put the butter into the dry mixture and gently rub in until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- In a separate bowl, mix the liquid milk and eggs together and pour them into the dry mixture.
- Roll it into a smooth dough and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface with a rolling pin. Cut the dough into desired shapes and sizes and fry until they turn brown.
- Strain the fried product on a strainer lined with a paper towel and allow it to cool.
- Finally, move the snack into a dry and airtight container and store in a cool dry place.
Tips On How To Fry Crunchy Chin Chin
- Firstly, ensure you regulate the temperature of your source of heat in order to prevent your oil from overheating above normal which might negatively affect the chin chin.
- Fry the chin chin in it in batches to avoid having a soaked snack and also to avoid overcrowding the frying pot which makes the chin chin stick together.
- Chin Chin normally gets burnt very fast if the heat is much. So ensure to stay around the fire and give the task maximum attention. Frying it requires constant attention.
- In Nigeria, chin-chin is traditionally made with hard dough, so many people enjoy the snack when it’s hard and yummy. Ensure to monitor it when frying so as not to scoop out a ‘soft’ or ‘stony’ chin chin. No matter how crunchy your chin chin comes out, if it is too soft or hard, it renders your effort futile.
Preservatives Of Chin Chin
Below are the best preservatives for chin chin .
The best preservative of Chin Chin is an air–tight container, bottle, or sealed sachet.
There’s no chemical preservative needed for chin chin.
Any Chin Chin preserved in an air-tight container can last for several weeks and months and still maintain its original sweet and crunchy taste as it was when it was freshly fried.
The above preservative can also be used to preserve groundnut Chin Chin, Chin Chin dough overnight, and also to preserve Chin Chin dough overnight.
The above preservatives can also be used to preserve Chin Chin dough overnight.
What Is The Shelf Life Of Chin Chin?
Chin Chin has a shelf life of five (5) to six (6) months from the experiment.
How Long Can Chin Chin Last Without Preservatives?
Chin Chin is a common snack not only in Nigeria but also in all parts of the world.
Chin is fried with oil which makes it last for a considerable number of weeks before it soils.
Chin Chin can last for a period of five (5) weeks without preservatives and still maintain its original sweet and crunchy taste.
We’ve elaboratively discussed in this article the best preservatives of Chin Chin, the best flours for Chin Chin, Chin Chin ingredients and measurements, how to preserve Chin Chin for sale, how much is a painter of Chin Chin, groundnut Chin Chin, how to preserve chin chin dough overnight, and many more.