We are seeking a meticulous and customer-oriented individual to join our team as a Night Auditor in our thriving hotel. The Night Auditor plays a crucial role in maintaining the financial accuracy of our operations during the night shift while ensuring exceptional guest experiences. If you are detail-oriented, possess excellent organizational and communication skills, and thrive in a dynamic hospitality environment, we invite you to apply for this rewarding position.
- Location: Lacombe, AB
- Salary: 17.00 hourly / 35 to 44 hours per week
- Terms of employment Permanent employment: Full time Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies 2
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Hospitality industry
- Financial Reconciliation:
- Perform accurate reconciliation of daily financial transactions, including room revenue, sales, and other charges.
- Verify the accuracy of postings and resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Guest Check-In and Assistance:
- Welcome and check in late-arriving guests, providing information about the hotel’s amenities and services.
- Address guest inquiries, concerns, and requests during the night shift with professionalism and efficiency.
- Reservation Processing:
- Process reservations and check room availability for late arrivals.
- Ensure accurate entry of guest information into the reservation system.
- Security Monitoring:
- Monitor surveillance cameras to ensure the security of the hotel premises.
- Address any security-related issues promptly and report incidents to the appropriate authorities.
- Reporting and Documentation:
- Generate and review nightly reports, including occupancy, revenue, and other relevant data.
- Prepare detailed financial reports for management, summarizing nightly activities.
- Communication and Collaboration:
- Communicate effectively with the day shift team to provide updates on nightly activities and outstanding tasks.
- Collaborate with other hotel staff to address guest needs and ensure a seamless transition between shifts.
- Problem Resolution:
- Handle and resolve guest issues or concerns during the night shift, ensuring a positive and satisfactory resolution.
- Provide assistance with room changes or upgrades based on availability.
- Proven experience in a similar role in the hospitality industry is preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reconciliation.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Proficiency in hotel management software and reservation systems.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Availability to work night shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Education and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education in hospitality management or accounting is a plus.
- Previous experience in a Night Auditor role or a similar position within the hotel industry is advantageous.
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental insurance
- Employee discounts on hotel services
- Opportunities for professional development
- Supportive and collaborative work environment
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Process group arrivals and departures
- Take, cancel and change room reservations
- Provide information on hotel facilities and services
- Provide general information about points of interest in the area
- Investigate and resolve complaints and claims
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Follow emergency and safety procedures
- Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying)
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Handle wake-up calls
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Provide customer service
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
A-5136 Highway 2ALacombe, ABT4L 1Y8
1. What is the role of a Night Auditor in a hotel?
The Night Auditor is responsible for overseeing the hotel’s financial activities during the night shift. This includes reconciling daily transactions, processing reservations, and ensuring a secure and comfortable environment for guests.
2. What are the primary responsibilities of a Night Auditor?
Key responsibilities include reconciling daily financial transactions, checking in late arrivals, processing reservations, generating reports, and addressing guest inquiries or issues during the night shift.
3. Why is the Night Auditor position essential for a hotel’s operations?
The Night Auditor ensures the accuracy of financial records, maintains operational continuity during non-business hours, and provides assistance to guests arriving or departing during the night. Their role is critical in delivering a seamless guest experience.
4. What skills are crucial for a successful Night Auditor?
Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, proficiency in accounting procedures, and excellent customer service skills are essential. Additionally, the ability to work independently and handle unexpected situations calmly is crucial.
5. How does a Night Auditor handle guest check-ins during the night?
The Night Auditor welcomes late-arriving guests, checks them in, and provides any necessary information about the hotel’s amenities. They may also assist with room changes or upgrades based on availability.
6. What financial tasks does a Night Auditor perform?
The Night Auditor reconciles revenue accounts, verifies the accuracy of financial transactions, processes credit card transactions, and prepares detailed financial reports for management.
7. How does the Night Auditor ensure security during the night shift?
Security measures include monitoring surveillance cameras, ensuring secure access to the hotel premises, and promptly addressing any security-related concerns. The Night Auditor plays a key role in maintaining a safe environment for guests and staff.
8. Is previous experience in accounting or hospitality necessary for a Night Auditor role?
While prior experience is beneficial, many hotels provide on-the-job training for Night Auditors. A basic understanding of accounting principles and hospitality operations is advantageous.
9. What challenges do Night Auditors face during their shift?
Common challenges include handling unexpected guest issues, managing multiple tasks simultaneously, and ensuring accurate financial reconciliation in a fast-paced environment.
10. How can one pursue a career as a Night Auditor in the hotel industry?
Individuals interested in becoming Night Auditors can start by gaining relevant experience in the hospitality industry. Familiarity with hotel operations, reservation systems, and basic accounting principles will be beneficial.