How To Check NIN Number shouldn’t be ignored because it is very important to all citizens of Nigeria because:
The National Identification Number (NIN) is the unique number that identifies you for life and is issued to you by NIMC after your enrolment.
It is used to match you with your biometric data and other details in the National Identity Database during verification and authentication.
Earlier this year the National communication Commission ordered Nigerian network operators to block SIM cards that are not linked with the NIN number.
In other words, it is very important and should be taken keenly.
Subsequently, Have you ever wondered about How To Check NIN Number On the Phone, the Code To Check NIN, or How To Check My National Identification Number and got no solution?
We‘ve got you covered. Below you will learn practically How To Check NIN Numbers, How To Check Your NIMC Details Online, and How To Retrieve NIN Without a Phone.
How To Register For National Identification Number
Presently, there are many who are bearing the consequences of not linking their NIN to their SIM.
Therefore, if you are reading this chapter and have not registered your NIN then this is for you.
We have carefully written out steps and requirements that will help you register for your NIN without hazel.
- If you wish to register offline, you need to walk directly to the NIMC enrollment center nationwide with your BVN and any other identification card.
- You can also visit the NIMC pre-enrollment portal to get the enrollment forms and guidelines will be available also.
- Fill out the form, submit and print your NIN slip.
Requirement For NIN
As I stated earlier, you will need your BVN if you have, and any of these original identity cards
- Old National ID Card
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport
- Certificate of Origin
- Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
- NHIS ID card
- Government staff ID card
- Registered/recognized private organization staff ID card
- School ID Card (private/public)
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid immigration documents
How To Check NIN Number On MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, 9Mobile
The importance of the National Identification Number cannot be overemphasized by the Federal Government at large.
That is why we have carefully written practical steps to help you retrieve your NIN if you have registered and don’t know how to get the number.
- Dial *346# hit send.
- From the options displayed, select “NIN Retrieval”, by typing in ‘1’.
- Follow the steps displayed on your screen and provide the required inputs.
Note: You will need at least N20 as your phone airtime balance before this works out.
You can only use this method if the SIM is the same as the one you used in registering for NIN.
The NIN Code *346# Is a general retrieval code for all network operators.
You can also visit any of the NIMC offices near you to get your NIN if you have lost your number.
Conclusion On How To Check NIN Number
If also want to know How To Check Your NIMC Details Online you can do that by visiting the NIMC official page.
This article on How To Check NIN Number was also helpful to you right?
Do well to let us know about your reaction in the comment section. You can also check out the easiest ways to check your MTN number if that is proving difficult for you.